Like the rest of the country, at the time of writing we are waiting with baited breath to learn when and how the nationwide lockdown will gradually be eased.
The government have begun testing new contact tracing app on the Isle of Wight and Oxford University, along with other scientists across the globe, are committed to developing a vaccine to combat the Covid-19 virus.
New safety screens have been installed at our chemist to protect our dedicated team of staff and our retail customers. We have put together a Covid Pack comprising facial protective masks, hand sanitiser, hand soap, tissues, Paracetamol, vitamin C and zinc tablets
– please contact our pharmacy team if you wish to purchase a pack and also to discuss the suitability of the contents should you have any existing medical concerns.
During the unexpected lockdown period many people have been busy spring cleaning and clearing out cupboards. Now is an excellent time to clear out your home medicine cabinet, ensuring it is well stocked with in-date over the counter remedies for seasonal common ailments which may prevail over the months ahead.
Here is our suggested checklist:
1. Discard any prescription medicines and over-the- counter products which are out of date or no longer required – please bring these to the chemist for safe disposal
2. Check you have basic first aid and medicinal essential products, such as:
- Plasters & bandages for minor cuts & abrasions
- Antiseptic lotion or cream
- Cold & flu products, eg Lemsip, Beechams etc
- Sore throat pastilles, eg Strepsils
- Cotton wool pads
- Pain killers eg paracetamol
- Thermometer, tweezers & small scissors
After a glorious, sunny spring it is vital to check you have supplies of seasonal products, such as insect bite relief cream, antihistamines for combating hay fever and allergies, athlete’s foot treatment, blister plasters, muscle pain relief and, of course, protective sunscreen creams. We are pleased to stock all of these items so you can ensure you are ready for the summer ahead.
We are delighted to announce that our NEW website is now live! To find out more about the fascinating history and explore our services please visit reavley.co.uk.
We remain open 7 days a week and now deliver FREE to local residents and the surrounding villages. Please call us if you require home delivery to check we cover your area and meet our criteria – 01993 823144.